In two days, literacy professionals will descend on Grand Rapids, Michigan for the annual Michigan Reading Association Conference.
There are a lot of things I’m excited for:
- Meeting up with my English teacher family
- Finding new friends, those I’ve interacted with online and those I don’t even know exist at this moment
- My first-ever solo presentation at a major conference
- Friday night (so big, it gets a subsection)
- I’m giving an Ignite talk as are several other Michigan educators. I’m a little nervous, but mostly excited.
- There is a lip sync battle scheduled, and I just might be a part of it. I’ve picked some ridiculous songs. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
- There will be plenty of Nerdy Book Club people around, and that makes this one of my favorite nights of the year
- Grand Rapids: the city is just a wonderful place to be for a weekend
I can’t wait. Will you be there? Come to the Pure Michigan event Friday night! See you then!