I’ve noticed in my writing about 2015 that acceptance has a twin, something that is perhaps as important if not more important. That’s what I’ll be working on this year.
My word for 2016:
I’m excited to work on my patience this year. Some specific targets for myself:
- I desire to become more patient with my students as they challenge me as a teacher
- I desire to become more patient with my son as he grows as an infant
- I desire to become more patient with my wife as we grow in our second year of marriage
- I desire to become more patient with myself as I take longer than I’d like to improve in various areas
- I desire to become more patient with the world as it is not always going to be what I’d like it to be.
What’s your word?
2 thoughts on “One Little Word: 2016 Edition”
What a fantastic blog! I’m so glad I found this. I am an aspiring teacher, and I think your dedication and enthusiasm is encouraging, and really inspiring. Can’t wait to read more!
Would you be interested in reading and reviewing a young adult book? It’s sort of an Animorphs grown up story. Let me know, and I’ll send you more information.
Thanks for your time.